Chef Aaron’s Signature Scone Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup sugar, with a little extra reserved for sprinkling on top of scones
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream, with a little extra reserved if too dry
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flavoring of your choice (dry or wet)
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. If using dry flavoring such as nuts, cheese, or frozen berries stir those in now.
- Stir cream, vanilla and wet flavorings together.
- Add to dry mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overwork dough once liquid has been added. Add a bit more of the reserved cream if mixture is too dry.
- Press out on floured surface and cut into triangles.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake on parchment at 350°F until done. Bake for 14-16 minutes in convection oven, 20-25 minutes in conventional oven.