Harvesting the Coast: Shellfish, Salt & Supper with Ben Jacobsen
Date: August 16, 2017
The Oregon Coast has inspired a new culinary movement: sea-farm-to-table. Learn about two pioneering farms that are leading the way: Nevør Shellfish and Jacobsen Saltworks. Executive Chef Aaron Bedard of the Stephanie Inn Dining Room is your guide as we drive in our Mercedes van down a spectacular stretch of coast, about an hour south, to Netarts Bay, the home of Nevør Shellfish Farm. We’ll learn how oysters are grown and harvested, learn how to shuck oysters from a pro, and eat our reward: fresh Netarts oysters accompanied by Oregon white and sparkling varietals from the Willamette Valley.
Then it’s on to the home of Jacobsen Saltworks, maker of hand-harvested gourmet salts for Williams Sonoma and top chefs across the country. Here, we’ll tour the Saltworks with salt master Ben Jacobsen, taste his offerings, and learn how salt is harvested and transformed. Next up, cocktails on the bluff, overlooking the bay, followed by a collaborative sea-farm-to-table dinner from Chefs Aaron and Ben. Each course of this brine and dine menu will be paired with a selection of stellar Oregon wines. This is an experience to write home about, offered nowhere else in the country.
With Stephanie Inn Executive Chef Aaron Bedard and Master Salt Maker Ben Jacobsen of Jacobsen Salt.
Reservations open soon for this exclusive experience. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.974.9825 to be added to the list and we will notify you when reservations open.
Guest preparation: Please pack comfortable shoes for bayfront terrain, a waterproof coat and layers for warmth. This experience will take place rain or shine and dinner is planned for outside. Weather on the Oregon Coast can be unpredictable—that’s part of the adventure! In case of significant rain or dangerous conditions during the dinner portion of the event, the Harvesting the Coast dinner feast will be enjoyed back in Cannon Beach.
Reservations and Cancellation Policy:
- Stephanie Inn Sojourns can be reserved by calling the following number: 888.974.9825 or by emailing email@example.com
- Sojourns are for guests 21 and over.
- Your reservation will be confirmed via a confirmation letter email from our front desk staff.
- Sojourns are not included in the price of your room.
- Cancellation policy: Due to the high demand for these intimate, small group experiences, guests will be charged for the full price at time of reservation for the Sojourn experience. A 30-day notice is required for cancellation of the Sojourn experience. Cancellations within 30 days are non-refundable.
Stephanie Inn Sojourns