Chocolate Goes South-Of-The-Border: Cooking, Candy making & Pairing Dinner
Experience Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017 – This experience has already taken place; please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you information on future outings, or check out Harvesting the Coast, August 16, 2017 or Where the Wild Things are, October 14, 2017.
This singular experience pairs award-winning Portland, Oregon artisan chocolate maker Sarah Hart, founder of Alma Chocolate, with Stephanie Inn Dining Room Executive Chef Aaron Bedard. Together with guests they explore the spicy, storied relationship between chocolate and Latin cooking, with a hands-on immersion into making everything from chocolate habanero caramels, to truffles with heat, to rich, flavorful moles during a 4 hour class (includes a one hour lunch break with the chefs).
Guests will get to jar up and box up their sauces and sweets then have some down time for relaxing. At 6pm, class guests will gather again for a sunset cocktail on the beach, where they’ll drink and learn about earthy, agave-based cocktails crafted by Cannon Beach distiller Mike Selberg.
The experience culminates with a deluxe, chocolate themed 5-course prix fixe dinner, inspired by the day’s creations, in the Stephanie Inn Dining Room. Chefs Sarah and Aaron guide diners through the courses and pairings, and offer tastes of chocolate varieties from around the globe.
With Sarah Hart, founder and chef of Alma Chocolate, Executive Chef Aaron Bedard, the Stephanie Inn, and Mike Selberg, owner/distiller, Cannon Beach Distillery.
Price per guest for “Chocolate Goes South of the Border” is $499 and includes the class, cocktail experience and the pairing dinner (lodging charged separately). Space is limited to 10 guests and reservations are required.
The Chocolate Pairing Prix Fixe dinner can be experienced separately from the class at $119 per person.
Reserve today by calling the following number: 888.974.9825 or by emailing email@example.com
Guest preparation: Please pack comfortable, closed toe shoes for standing while chocolate making. For the Chocolate Pairing Dinner at the Stephanie Inn Dining Room, wear resort casual or elegant—we’re relaxed at the coast.
Reservations and Cancellation Policy:
- Stephanie Inn Sojourns can be reserved by calling the following number: 888.974.9825 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sojourns are for guests 21 and over.
- Your reservation will be confirmed via a confirmation letter email from our front desk staff.
- Sojourns are not included in the price of your room.
- Cancellation policy: Due to the high demand for these intimate, small group experiences, guests will be charged for the full price at time of reservation for the Sojourn experience. A 30-day notice is required for cancellation of the Sojourn experience. Cancellations within 30 days are non-refundable.
Stephanie Inn Sojourns
Chef Aaron Bedard guides guests on a... Read more »