What A Catch: The Oregon Seafood Hat Trick
With Stephanie Inn Executive Chef Aaron Bedard and Expert Angler & Guide David Johnson
Date: Tuesday July 25, 2016
If you love fishing or just love seafood, this adventure is for you. Spend a day following the rhythms of the tides as we join Stephanie Inn Dining Room Executive Chef Aaron Bedard and expert Guide David Johnson to troll for salmon, Oregon Dungeness crab and clams. With house-made scones and hot coffee in hand, you’ll head out to Nehalem Bay in our Mercedes van, just 20 minutes south of the Stephanie. We’ll troll for the iconic Chinook salmon and drop crab pots to catch some fresh Oregon Dungeness crab.
As our pots do their magic (and tides permitting), we’ll head to a sandy stretch of beach, home to many clam varieties, including the tangy East Coast Butter and Purple Varnish clams. A little digging is required but the results are worth it. With our catch in hand, we’ll have the makings for a perfect beachside crab boil. Bright salads, clams, baked breads, stellar Oregon wine and growlers of frosty Public Coast beer round out the beach feast.
Reservations open soon for this exclusive experience. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888.974.9825 to be added to the list and we will notify you when reservations open.
Guest preparation: This experience is an adventure and will happen rain or shine. It will only be cancelled in the event of severe/unsafe weather. Please pack weatherproof/waterproof shoes or boots, extra layers for warmth, and a waterproof coat. Weather on the Oregon Coast can be unpredictable—that’s part of the adventure! In case of significant rain during the lunch portion of the event, we will have a backup sheltered locale for our feast. There is no bathroom on board the boat, however we will work to accommodate guests personal needs during the experience.
A fishing license is required for this trip. Please buy a “one day angling with shellfish” license and bring it with you. Licenses can be purchased and will be delivered electronically immediately at: https://or.outdoorcentral.us/or/license/
Reservations and Cancellation Policy:
- Stephanie Inn Sojourns can be reserved by calling the following number: 888.974.9825 or by emailing email@example.com
- Sojourns are for guests 21 and over.
- Your reservation will be confirmed via a confirmation letter email from our front desk staff.
- Sojourns are not included in the price of your room.
- Cancellation policy: Due to the high demand for these intimate, small group experiences, guests will be charged for the full price at time of reservation for the Sojourn experience. A 30-day notice is required for cancellation of the Sojourn experience. Cancellations within 30 days are non-refundable.